September is Hunger Action Month® and Long Island Cares wants to encourage everyone to take action to end hunger.
For millions of people in America, a daily meal is a choice between food and other critical needs—like medicine, housing, or transportation. No one should have to make those types of choices.
This month, we are offering you the choice to end hunger. There are so many ways to take action. You can choose to donate or advocate, to volunteer or raise awareness.
How will you choose to end hunger?
Volunteer | Use Your Voice | Host a Food Drive | Donate
Check out these Community Engagement Ideas!
- Check out our website to learn more about hunger on Long Island.
- Read real stories of people facing hunger.
- Skip your morning coffee throughout the month and donate what you would have spent.
- Make a donation directly to Long Island Cares.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser or virtual food drive.
- Post on Social Media
- Use a Facebook frame and encourage followers to do the same.
- Post how you are choosing to end hunger.
- Go Orange
- Wear orange throughout the month of September to spread awareness and show your commitment towards ending hunger.
- Create cross-functional team challenges or contests to fundraise or spread awareness. Who can raise the most funds or wear orange the most days?
- Take a team photo with everyone dressed in orange and post it to social media using @LICares and hashtag and #HungerActionMonth
- Organize a group volunteer day at Long Island Cares