Love The Island announces the launch of “Artists Erasing Hunger” a program to support Hauppauge based Long Island Cares, the charity founded by the late musician and singer / songwriter Harry Chapin to benefit the hungry and food insecure on Long Island. It is also designed to help Long Island Artists showcase their talent and earn extra income.
“The cornerstone of our brand is the creative interpretation of a smiling Long Island”, indicated Jim Rowe, CEO & Chief Brand Officer for Love The Island. “It represents the emotional connection to why we all Love The Island – it makes us SMILE! But when you learn that LI Cares delivers food to over 284,000 food insecure people on Long Island a year – it’s hard to smile. Therefore, we are seeking Long Island artists including students, amateurs, and professionals to create their interpretation using our smiling Love The Island logo to both help us raise funds for Long Island Cares and to showcase their work and earn extra income. Love The Island will donate a minimum of $1,000 to Long Island Cares, regardless of the number of shirts sold by 12/31/18.”
The program, where Artists will be able to upload their designs through June 15, is simple and Love The Island will manage it all:
- Artists can learn about program details, production requirements and sign up via an ENTRY FORM at: https://lovetheisland.net/pages/artists-erasing-hunger
- T-Shirts will be sold to the public on the LoveTheIsland.NET website (as designs become available) for $35 (with Free Shipping) at: https://lovetheisland.net/products/artists-erasing-hunger-t-shirts
- For each T-shirt sold; $5.00 goes to LI Cares and $5.00 goes to the Artist.
- T-Shirts will be “produced to order” after each design is given a 3 week PRE-ORDER period commencing when each design is ready to be placed on the site. A minimum of only 24 T-Shirt orders are needed/design to be produced. Consumers credit cards will only be charged if the 24 minimum has been achieved, otherwise the order will be cancelled.
- The Artist just needs to create a great design, upload it in the proper digital formats for production and help promote it. The artist is not responsible for placing the order, collecting money, producing or distributing the T-Shirts. Love The Island will handle T-Shirt production, processing orders and delivery.
It’s a perfect concept for artists with, or looking to acquire, a lot of followers, student artists looking for experience with an easy way to earn money for their artwork, as well as, groups such as schools, associations, clubs, teams, organizations, family reunions, musicians / bands etc.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Love The Island once again, this time on another very creative program that will hopefully generate significant participation from artists across Long Island,” said Robin Amato, Chief Development Officer & Communications Director for LI Cares. “Above our name in the logo are the words “Because It Takes More Than Food To Feed The Hungry, so in addition to funds we are hoping to interest corporations, adults and in particular the youth to volunteer.” Information on how to volunteer is below:
- CORPORATE: https://www.licares.org/make-a-difference/volunteer/feed-hungry-corporate-project/
- VOLUNTEERS: https://www.licares.org/make-a-difference/volunteer/volunteer-registration-form/
- STUDENTS: https://www.licares.org/make-a-difference/volunteer/student-volunteer-corps-registration-form-ages-13-19/