Happy May, hunger fighters! It’s a new month – which means new ways to make a difference with us, new outside organization visits, and more!
1. Our 20th Annual Golf Classic is just over a week away! Register today to join us for a game on the green, a buffet dinner, and a night of celebrating the committee members who have made this event possible for two decades running.
2. As always, we’ve got lots of special events and food drives going on – stop by or bring a non-perishable donation to one of this month’s drop off centers! Find out where and when we’ll be near you!
3. The distribution schedule for AsparaGus’s Children’s Breakfast Food Truck is ready for viewing. Check out where we’ll be, and spread the word to families in need in those areas!
4. Military Appreciation Tuesdays will take place at all of our satellite locations this month, as usual. Veterans and active service members are welcome!
5. United Healthcare will be at our Harry Chapin Food Bank and Humanitarian Center in Huntington Station the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 9:00am to 11:30am
New York State sponsored Child Health Plus and Medicaid Managed Care health insurance programs at little or no cost for the entire family. It is offered by UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
If eligible, covered services include:
- Doctor visits
- X-rays, lab and other tests
- Vision care (including eyeglasses
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency care
- Hospital stays
- Dental care
Where will we see you this month?