NUTRITION RESOURCE MANAGER – Full Time, 40 hours /week
Under the supervision of the Chief Network Officer, the Nutrition Resource Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing NYS DOH HPNAP initiatives in nutrition and food resource management; evaluating and choosing nutritious foods for purchased and donated support; acts as a food safety consultant to Contractor and member agencies; and act as project coordinator with JSY program.
- A. or B.S. degree & R.D. (Registered Dietitian) certification required; American Dietary Association Certification preferred.
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (i.e. RD) or at least 2 years professional community nutrition related work experience
- Experience with varied audiences and ethnic groups, including low-income individuals; health, social service and food service personnel
- Experience with staff supervision
- Experience using varied communication techniques – spoken; written, web-based
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekend
- Ability to occasionally travel to other locations in NYS and nationally for conferences; workshops; trainings
- Ability to work independently and proactively