2020 Adopt-a-Family for Thanksgiving is a great opportunity
to help your communities.
This year Long Island Needs it more than ever!
Help inspire others by getting your family, co-workers, and students involved. Students can receive service hours by participating in this project, ask us how.
What each family needs for a full Thanksgiving dinner:
• 4 cans of Vegetables
• 4 cans of Fruit
• 1 can of Pumpkin OR Pie Filling
• 1 Box/Bag of Stuffing
• 1 Box of Mashed Potato Mix
• 1 jar/can/packet of Gravy
• 1 can of Cranberry Sauce
• 1 Box of Dessert Mix (Cake/Cookie/Muffin)
Optional: Turkey/Gift Card (please pack gift cards separately in a labeled envelope )
Any additional items you would like to include are gladly accepted. Please bag separately.
How to pack your donations:
- Donations should be ‘doubled’ bagged per individual family and include all items listed above.
- Additional items not on the above list – bag separately.
- Turkeys – bag separately.
- Gift Cards – labeled envelope.
Donation(s) Drop-off Information:
*All donations must be delivered no later than November 20th.
The earlier we receive your donations, the quicker we can get them to families in need.
Long Island Cares, Inc.
10 Davids Drive
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Drop-off hours: Monday – Thursday (9am –4pm) and Friday (9am-3pm)
or to the below locations. Please call for drop-off time(s)
- Hampton Bays 631.613.3344
- Huntington Station 631.824.6384
- Freeport 516.442.5221
- Lindenhurst 631.991.8106
Have 25 or more meals or any questions regarding this program? Contact: Billy Gonyou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure: To maintain the privacy of our clients, you will not have the opportunity to meet with or speak with the families you “adopt.”